Long Island Estate Planning Attorney
What Is Estate Planning in New York?
It is never too soon to begin planning for the future protection of your loved ones, and the assets for which you have worked so hard. Because forming an estate plan is a personal process in Long Island, it is important to make sure the legal team you hire is one you can trust. Our estate planning lawyers take the handling of our clients' assets, children, property, and loved ones incredibly serious. If you retain our representation, we will get to know you, and gain a clear understanding of your specific goals and desires.
There are four main elements of estate planning:
- Last Will & Testament – This is your will, and it designates where your assets will go once you have passed.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney (HPOA) & Living Wills – The HPOA designates someone as the person who will make healthcare decisions on your behalf in the case that you are unable to. A living will specifies your wishes regarding your medical care in case you become incapacitated and unable to communicate these wishes on your own.
- Financial Power of Attorney – Similar to the HPOA, this designates someone as the person who will make your financial decisions in case you are unable to.
- Trusts – This is a legal entity that owns and controls your assets based on the stipulations provided.
Our lawyers limit the number of estate planning cases we take on, so that every client is treated with the level of individualized attention they deserve. Our legal team of estate attorneys serving Long Island wants to ensure that we create an environment where our clients can feel comfortable and confident with the guidance they receive. In addition, Long Island estate plans are not set in stone, which means that you can make alterations whenever you so desire.
Contact a New York Estate Planning Lawyer Today
If you are still hesitant about forming an estate plan, consider the advantages that creating a plan could have on your loved ones. Forming an estate plan can spare your family the time, money, and energy that is associated with having to go through probate. In addition, you can ensure that your assets go to the beneficiaries of your choosing, and that guardians you trust will assume responsibility for your children.
Benefits of Working with Our Firm
- Free Consultations
- Friendly & Personable Service
- Backed by over 27 years of legal experience
- Unparalleled Legal Representation
- Extensive Track Record of Success
- Cost-Effective Legal Representation
- Customized Plans Fit Meet Your Objectives
- We Genuinely Care About Your Family's Well-Being
Our attorneys want you to be confident that your estate plan is an exact replica of your wishes. In doing so, you can obtain peace of mind knowing that if you were to suddenly pass away, your assets and loved ones will be accounted for in the manner of your choosing. Our lawyers are proud to offer potential clients free case evaluations, so do not wait until it is too late! Give our law firm a call today to request a free consultation and get started on your estate plan with a caring and helpful estate planning lawyer serving Long Island, NY.
Do you want to ensure that when you pass away, your assets and property go to the beneficiaries of your choosing? If so, contact our Nassau County estate attorney at The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. Our estate planning lawyers recognize that having to plan for a future that does not involve you can be a daunting task; however, it can also be a very beneficial one. This is why our attorneys encourage our Long Island clients to contact us sooner rather than later to get started on their estate plan.
"A consummate attorney."J.C.
"I am looking forward to a holiday homecoming with my sons and family, which includes their presence at my ailing mother's 75th birthday party. John made it happen."Anthony C.
"I was able to get an excellent Grandparent visitation settlement within three court visits, I highly recommend him."Lydia Casanova
"His manner in a courtroom is impeccable. We felt very reassured that he was representing us even when the process was at times overwhelming."Linda D. and Vinnie D.
"We get very emotional when we speak of John because he helped keep our grandchild out of the foster care system."Susan Cowan, Colorado